WA87 FET: Vintage ’87 Large-Diaphragm High Sensitive Condenser Microphone By Warm Audio
If you are singer or musician performing songs, e.g. for studio recordings you need a professional quality Microphone.
You need the Pro Microphone, which can “listen very well” with low distortion and high-sensitivity /over 124 dB/ for noiseless & excellent tracking the vocal, all-kind musical instruments, especially the drums’ low-frequency range. You will see, the next invention is exactly at the moment if you are searching for a new member in your hardware “stuff”.
If you have special feelings of past times, a kind of melancholy of something gone, this microphone can remember the vintage style 80s especially ’87 year used Microphones.
Today we will present the newest and hot product from the Warm Audio portfolio:
Warm Audio WA87 FET: Large-Diaphragm High-Fidelity Professional Condenser microphone.
To Get the Ultimate Result as High-END Product at all, and to produce such phenomenal parameters of today described device, the manufacturer’s specialist are using only professional Audiophile-Grade premium components, like: The Best quality MOSFET transistors from Fairchild, polystyrene, LOW ESR tantalum, WIMA Film Mylar / BoPET Film Capacitors and special attention for High-Quality Output Transformer: CineMag – USA Product.
PIC. 1 Warm AUDIO WA87 FET
PIC. 2 Warm AUDIO WA87 FET
Warm AUDIO WA87 FET – Key Features:
- Typical Usage:
- Studio Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone,
- Purpose: Professional,
- Used Microphone:
- Lens Kondensator LK-87-B-50V,
- Membrane / Diaphragm Parameters:
- Thickness: 6 micrometers / 0.006 mm,
- Diameter: 2.54 cm / 1-inch,
- Features & Material: “Gold Sputtering Technology”,
- Technical Parameters Given By the Manufacturer:
- Frequency Response Range: 20Hz – 20,000Hz.
- Sensitivity: SPL = 125dB w/o pad, with 0.5% THD – Total Harmonic Distortions,
- Sensitivity: SPL = 132dB with pad, with 0.5% THD or using a Pad, the Sensitivity grows with 7dB.
- -10 dB Attenuation – Switch selectable,
- High-Pass Filter – Switch Selectable:
- 80Hz / Noise: -117dB,
- Polar Representing Patterns:
- Like shape of number “Eight” – or Figure of Eight,
- Built-In High-Pass Filter – Switch Selectable,
- Galvanically Gold-Covered 3-Pin XLR connector
- XLR Pins Description:
- 1 Ground,
- 2 Positive,
- 3 Negative,
- Capacitors: Top-Quality Japanese NOS Mylar/ BoPET Film Capacitors (Biaxially-oriented polyethylene terephthalate) Wikipedia Link:
- Output Transformer:
- Yes, CineMag USA – Special output Transformer
- Output Impedance: Transformer Decoupled 150 Ω,
- Color: Nickel,
- Made in U.S.A.
See the package:
- WA87 FET Microphone – 1 pcs.
- Shock mount Set – 1 pcs.,
- Hard mount Set – 1 pcs.,
- Nice wooden box – 1 pcs.,
Don’t Stop To Reinvent Yourself, Dear Hi-End Audio and Performance Enthusiasts!