How to make a Motherboard? – Gigabyte Factory demonstration Video.
Of course, that isn’t a home activity. We present a Gigabyte Factory demonstration video tour.
We believe that the Best way to learn to, get some kind of knowledge, or, even just to be informed, is to see a whole process, from the beginning – as empty PCB to the Packaging stage as Complete PC Store Product.
Let’s see the Video Tour.
VIDEO 1. How to make a Motherboard? – A GIGABYTE Factory Tour Video
From the First sight in The Fabric, it gives the impression and pays special attention to the cleanness.
PCB: Print Circuit Board.
SMD: Surface Mounted Device.
SMT: Surface Mount Technology.
VIDEO 1. – Content:
- 0:25 sec. – 0:30 sec. All incoming into the Fabric people are wearing clean overshoes and special fans are blowing clean air to their hairs, to minimize the levels of incoming “dust”.
- 0:31 sec. – 0:53 sec. Overviewing the Fabric main hall and a part of SMT line machines.
- 0:54 sec. – 1:20 min. Solder Paste Printer. That is the machine, using special PCB related, “etching” Stainless Foil – named: “Stencil” to insert the solder Paste, exactly, and only over the PCB SMD Components pads.
Solder paste is a mixture by Soldering TIN powder and Soldering Flux. The consistency of this sticky mixture is like a “honey”. The Stencil has 0.1 – 0.15 mm thickness. The Solder Paste Printer covers the SMD Pads with enough quantity of paste. As we already said, the solder paste is sticky. It allows next placed SMD components staying like glued.
PIC. 1 Stainless Foil STENCIL
PIC. 2 Already covered with solder paste SMD passive components and IC pads.
The X & Y Sizes of holes on a STENCIL Foil are smaller than the original SMD pads with a few mils (a thousands part of an inch). The Z or Heigh Size is equal and depends on the STENCIL thickness.
- 1:21 min. – 1:45 min. The already covered with a solder Paste PCBs are ordered in a container via the system of conveyors and automated arms in their path to next manufacturing stage.
- 1:46 min. – 2.46 min. High-Speed Chip Placer. The machine can place 5-10 components per second, which is remarkable! Within a minute small components, often below with 1mm of size are “surgery precisely” placed on their PCB position.
- 2:27 min. – 4:53 min. Multi-Function Chip Placer. Need to be placed Chip-Sets, CPU Socket, etc.
- 4:54 min. – 5:23 min. I.C.T. Integrated Chip Tester. The Motherboard is tested with X-rays for qualify the Soldering quality.
- 5:24 min. – 6:36 min. D.I.P. Dual In-Line Package.
- 6:37 min. – 8:15: min. Wave Soldering.
- 8:16 min. – 9:09: min. Testing Stage.
- 9:10 min. – 10.34 min. Packing Stage.
Now, you know how Gigabyte Fabric creates the motherboards.
Don’t Be Afraid To Become The Hardware Professionals!