Hardware Laboratory – Part 1: Basic stuff –
- Soldering Iron or Station,
- Vacuum Pump,
- Desoldering wick,
- Tip Cleaning Wire with a Holder,
- Helping Hand with Magnifying Glass,
Video: Removal of Solder using Desoldering Wick
Many of young hobbyists imagine, that one day they will have the fully equipped laboratory with all possible kind of technical tools and gadgets.
Let together try to “solve the puzzle” and begin collecting the main members of hardware tools, needed as basic equipment for start creating Hardware designs.
Firstly, the major member of HW entourage is the working desk. You need a large and stable, not too high working desk. The table can be protected with an anti-static linoleum.
Let see the small list of things, good to place on the desk:
- Soldering Iron and reheating and reflowing station and Preheating station.
- The Vacuum-Pump, Desoldering Wick, 2.5mm for resoldering activity.
- Some options for carrying clean the soldering tip.
- Adjustable Power Supply Source.
- Measuring multimeter.
- A Variety of little but useful instruments – like a knife, cutters, antimagnetic tweezers, pliers, screwdrivers – many kinds and sizes.
- Semi-automatical and Electrical screwdriver.
- Dremel or another high-speed polishing & drill machine.
- Driller machine.
- Functional Generator – Professional Option.
- Oscilloscope – Professional Option.
- Internet-connected notebook with a camera, laser printer, why not and 3D – Printer – are good options.
The HW Laboratory Members:
- Soldering Iron or Station
There are two variants – single soldering iron or set with hot air options.
One Soldering Iron with 50Watt Power, a variety of changeable tips, and regulation the tip temperature is completely enough for the basic and semi-professional HardWare activities.
PIC. 1 ALL IN ONE” X-TRONIC – MODEL #5040-XTS HOT AIR REWORK SOLDERING IRON STATION
2. Vacuum Pump and Desoldering wick:
ERSA – AS196 – Solder sucker 34 cm³, WL12277
Aven 17542 Desoldering Wick, 2.5mm Width, 5′ Length
VIDEO 1. : Removal of Solder using Desoldering Wick
3. Some Options for soldering and carrying clean the soldering tip:
PIC. 3 ERSA WL12387 SR100 Solder wire dispenser
PIC. 4 Hakko 599B-02 Solder Tip Cleaning Wire and Holder
SE MZ101B Helping Hand with Magnifying Glass:
PIC. 5 Helping Hand with Magnifying Glass
VIDEO 1. Mini Adjustable DC- PS/Meter – First look DP50V5A
VIDEO 2. Siglent – SPD3303X Precision Lab
VIDEO 3. Altium Circuit Maker First impressions
To be Continued!
Don’t Stop To Reinvent Yourself, Dear Explorers!