DJI Zenmuse H3-3D: A Smart Gimbal design.
The Unmanned aerial system members: quadcopters – drones, and also many RC remote controlled devices are using onboard Camera to extend their functionality and user experience.
For camera mounting, commonly is used a stand or a Gimbal with possibilities of some 2- axis or 3- axis “degree of freedom”.
PIC. 1 DJI Zenmuse H3-3D: A Smart Gimbal design.
The precision an automatical control of the tilt angle with an electronic feedback of the real position is a large benefit. Today we explain one perfect member of the “gimbal-community”, using on its design many professional line components.
We represent You:
DJI Zenmuse H3-3D High – Precision Gimbal
As can see the picture below details, the DJI’s engineers used a high-quality brushless motor and ultimate gearbox to expand the positioning level within 0.02-degree steps of Tilt and Roll angle, and 0.03-degree steps of Yaw angle.
PIC. 1 DJI Zenmuse H3-3D uses High-Quality Brushless Motors
PIC. 2 Can see the H3-3D Gamble with HERO3 Camera installed and the Damping parts
PIC. 3 Rear View Connector and Brushless motors are good viewable from this sight-of-view
PIC. 4 Place for GCU and Powering flexible cable
PIC. 5 More precision view: The Place for Camera Unit and powering flexible cable
VIDEO 1. HOW To install the NEW ZenMuse H3-3D on the UAS Phantom 2
VIDEO 2. World’s first DJI ZenMuse H3-3D Stability Demo Video
DJI Zenmuse H3-3D Main Features:
- Ultra high-precision 3-Axis gimbal to assure the smoother DJI Phantom UAS videos,
- High precision sensors for brushless control feedback,
- Compatible with other DJI controlling flight systems,
- Part of the Zenmuse family,
- Using Zenmuse Technology,
- Independent Internal Measurement Unit – IMU,
- Online Firmware Software Update Option,
- Easy and an Intuitive Setup,
- GoPro3 and GoPro3 Plus Cameras supported,
- Light – weight aluminum alloy body,
- Phantom 2, A2, WooKong-M, NAZA-M V1, NAZA-M V2 supported.
Installed Camera Support:
- GoPro3 : Black and Sliver,
- GoPro3+ : Black and Sliver,
- GCU Input Power: 3S ÷ 6S Li-Poly ( 12V ÷ 26V ).
System Requirements for the Assistant Software:
- Windows XP SP3,
- Windows 7,
- Windows 8.
DJI Zenmuse H3-3D Technical Data Specifications:
Gimbal Operating Current Consumption:
- Static consumption: 0.4 A at 12V DC
- Dynamic consumption: 0.6 A at 12V DC
Gimbal Input Power:
- 3S ÷ 6S / 12V ÷ 26V .
Operating Temperature Range:
- -10°C ~ 50°C
- 168g – without a camera.
Gimbal’s Dimensions – includes damping rubber parts:
- 97 mm x 95mm x 73mm
Gimbal Camera Unit Weight:
- 22 g
Gimbal Camera Unit Stand – Dimensions:
- 42 mm x 32 mm x 9.3 mm
Zenmuse H3-3D Overal Performance:
The accuracy of the Controlled Angle:
- Tilt: ± 0.02°,
- Roll: ± 0.02°,
- Yaw: ± 0.03°.
Controlled Rotation Speed:
- max Tilt axis: ±130°/s
The range of the Controlled Rotation:
- Tilt axis control: －130 ÷ +45°
- 5.5 x 4.9 x 4.3 inches
- 14 x 12.5 x 11 cm
- 1.2 lb
- 0.552 kg
PIC. 6 H3-3D GIMBAL SET
See the Package:
- DJI ZENMUSE H3-3D 3-axis Gimbal – 1 pcs.
- GCU V2 – 1 set.
- Install accessories – 1 set.
- Warranty card.
Remark: GoPro 3 camera and quadcopter isn’t included!