FLUKE 279 FC – Digital Multimeter with Integrated Thermal Imaging
The FLUKE 279 FC is a new member of the FLUKE’s Pro-Line Digital Multimeters, combining 2-in-1 thermal imaging and full-functional true RMS Multimeter.
The Thermal Imaging Multimeter FLUKE-279 FC is specially designed to help the electricians in searching and allocating the problem, for example showing on the color screen of 279 FC the “Hot-Spots”.
Using the FLUKE 279 FC will accelerate your reaction in finding the problem, and will increase your ability to solve quickly these electrical issues.
Also, using Fluke ConnectTM the smart device reporting quickly for founded electrical issues.
PIC. 1 FLUKE 279 FC – Digital Multimeter with Integrated Thermal Imaging
Part Number: FLUKE-279FC/iFLEX
Thermal imaging multimeters are a first-line troubleshooting tool for electrical equipment that can check “hot spots” of transformers and high-voltage equipment from a safe distance, detect heating of fuses, wires, insulators, connectors, splices, and switches.
Scanning with the 279 FC’s thermal imager reveals many electrical issues quickly and from a safe distance. By combining two tools into one, the thermal multimeter lightens the load and increases productivity.
- Camera resolution – [ 80 x 60 ] pixels
- 3.5” color LCD screen
- FLUKE 279 FC – True RMS Thermal Multimeter
- 15 measurement functions including: AC/DC voltage, Resistance, Continuity, Capacitance, Diode Test, Min/Max, AC Current ( with iFlex® ) Frequency
- FLUKE Connect®
- Rechargeable Li-Ion battery allows for a for a full work day (10+ hours), under normal conditions
- TL75 Test Leads
- CAT III 1000 V, CAT IV 600 V measurement category
- 18-inch iFlex Flexible Current Probe
- Auto power off to save battery power
- TL175 Test Leads (instead of TL75)
- Soft Carrying Case
- Hanging Strap
- Assembled in the USA
- Three-year standard warranty
Thermal Imaging helps Us Quickly to Locate the electrical issues and problems
Thermal imaging multimeters are a first-line troubleshooting tool for electrical equipment that can check hot spots on high-voltage equipment and transformers, detect heating of fuses, wires, insulators, connectors, splices, and switches. Scanning with the FLUKE 279 FC’s thermal imager reveals many electrical issues rapidly and from a safe distance. By combining 2-in-1, the thermal multimeter lightens the load and increases productivity.
Compatible with iFlex® / a flexible clamp for current measurements / to expand your measurement capabilities and get into tight, hard to reach spaces for current measurement (up to 2500A AC). The large, full-color LCD screen makes for easier and clearer viewing of images and readings. The rechargeable Li-Ion battery is designed to keep you going all day long under normal working conditions.
Communicate your results
With built-in Fluke, Connect®, transmit results wirelessly to a smartphone and save time on reporting to validate work is complete. Troubleshoot better by instantly trending and monitoring measurements live on your smartphone screen. Create and email reports right from the field.
For Industrial electricians and technicians with significant maintenance responsibility who need to identify problems fast and be fully confident the problem is addressed and documented, the 279 FC is the first Fluke digital multimeter with integrated thermal imaging, Fluke Connect® benefits, and iFlex® compatibility that you never want to be without.
It will become the cornerstone of any technician’s tools, combining two tools in one to increase their productivity and confidence by helping them find, repair, validate, and report electrical issues easier and faster than any DMM or clamp in the market today.
- It gives you a thermal image to quickly and safely see where the hotspot is before you begin repairs
- Two-in-one tool is designed to increase productivity – no need to go back to the truck or office to retrieve a shared camera or wait for the thermographer – do more in less time!
- Fluke Connect® reduces time-consuming reporting – by easily assigning images to work orders to validate work is complete
- iFlex® expands your measurement capabilities – get into tight, hard to reach spaces for high current measurement (up to 2500A)
FLUKE 279 FC – Related Video
VIDEO 1. Introducing the FLUKE 279 FC Thermal Multimeter
|Manufacturer||Accessory Code||Accessory Description|
|Fluke||C280||Soft Meter Case|
|Fluke||Fluke i2500-18||i2500-18 iFlex Flexible Current Probe|
|Fluke||BC500||BC500 AC Power Charger|
|Fluke||BP500||BP500 Lithium-ion battery 7.4V 3000 mAh|
|Fluke||Fluke i2500-10||i2500-10 iFlex Current Probe|
TABLE 1. ACCESSORIES
PIC. 3 Fluke 279 FC/iFlex True RMS Thermal Imaging Multimeter Kit