The Canon imagePROGRAF iPF6400 24″ Large Format Printer was designed By Professionals For professionals in the graphic, fine art, photography and proofing markets that seek the highest possible standards for quality-control and image reproduction. The iPF6400 is the professional’s answer to superior quality large format prints.
Canon imagePROGRAF iPF6400
PIC. 1 Canon imagePROGRAF iPF6400 24″ Large Format Printer
The Canon image PROGRAF iPF6400 24″ Large Format Printer was designed for professionals in the graphic, fine art, photography and proofing markets that seek the highest possible standards for quality-control and image reproduction. An incredibly large color spectrum is produced by the 12-Color LUCIA Ex pigment ink set, which also provides better scratch resistance and smoother gradations.
The new Multi-sensor included with this printer provides improved color density detection and allows for a full calibration to be completed within 15 minutes, with the ability to use non-Canon branded media.
A new Color Calibration Management System allows for color calibration targets to be created using the iPF6450 with optional spectrophotometer and shared across all new iPFX400 12-color printers and the included software allows for all printers on the network to be monitored from one central location.
The printer supports ink tank sizes of 130ml and for the first time, 300ml and the new sub-ink tank keeps some ink in reserve to allow for tanks to be changed without interrupting a print. In highest print mode, the order of ink application and layering is optimized to maintain the highest print quality with fewer passes, making this mode twice as fast compared to previous models.
To expand printing options and capabilities, the iPF6400 printer comes bundled with a Print Plug-in for Adobe Photoshop, Digital Photo Professional, and Microsoft Office. The enhanced Print Plug-in for Adobe Photoshop includes a new Adjustment Pattern Setting which allows for multiples of an image to be printed at once with different color values implemented and displayed. Gallery wraps for canvas prints can now be created using the new Gallery Wrap Feature.
To improve versatility, the iPF6400 has a media configuration tool which allows customers to not only utilize existing Canon-branded media but also with third party media. Designed for efficiency, reliability and above all quality, the iPF6400 is the professional’s answer to superior quality large format prints.
The Canon iPF6400 is most used by customers who consider themselves to be a Frequent user among others.
PIC. 2 Example Printing
Canon iPF6400 Features:
- Lucia Ex Ink Set: It is designed for dramatic photographic expression and detailed color reproduction for exacting proofing applications. This 12-Color ink set offers a brilliant range of vibrant colors, smooth gradations, and transitions, with incredibly fine details
- Color Calibration Management System: It is included for the centralized management of networked printers in a system from one easy to use software tool
- New Multi-Sensor: This new printer includes an upgraded, built-in color densitometer that’s designed to offer even more precise calibration and color matching
- High-Speed Printing with Fewer Passes: In highest print mode, the order of ink application and layering is optimized to maintain the highest print quality with fewer passes, making this mode twice as fast compared to previous models
- New Tint and Tone Adjustments: The new tint and tone controls over the four monochromatic shades allow a user to create even more expressive blacks with smoother gradations – especially in dark areas
- Large Ink Tank Capacity: The iPF6400 supports 130 ml ink tank sizes and offers an option for large 300 ml ink tanks. Ink tank replacement becomes less frequent and users with higher printing volumes can enjoy greater productivity
- Sub Ink Tank System: An ink tank system designed for uninterrupted printing even during tank replacement that has already been featured on the current 44 and 60 inch models, is now available for the first time on a 24 inch, 12-Color iPF printer
- Gigabit Ethernet Support: Fast data transfer will help exceptionally high measures of productivity
- Enhanced Print Plug-in for Adobe Photoshop: This export module allows 16-bit image processing, preserving the expanded color spectrum and high gradation of the file
- Gallery Wrap: This new creative tool can be accessed via Adobe Photoshop and allows users to easily create gallery wrap prints for framing, as well as creative options that will expand output possibilities
- Accounting Manager: Tracks how much ink and media have been consumed when printing. Costs can be assigned to ink and paper to determine expenses based on “Cost of Goods”. The user can also input a variable cost that will be added to the total of the print cost
- Print Plug-in for Microsoft Office: This utility makes it easy to print large-format documents created in Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint. The Plug-in appears in a tool bar inside the Microsoft application and has an easy-to-follow “Wizard”
- PosterArtist Lite: It gives users the ability to quickly and easily create professional large format prints. Users simply follow the program’s four (4) easy steps to create posters that can be used in applications such as Office presentation, Trade shows, Retail Signage and much, much more.
IPF6400 – Key Features:
What’s in the box:
- Canon imagePROGRAF iPF6400 24″ Large Format Printer
- Printer Basket
- Printer Stand
- 2″ Roll Holder with 3″ Core Adapters
- Print Heads (2)
- 12 x 90ml Starter Ink Tanks (BK/MBK/C/M/Y/PC/PM/GY/PGY/R/G/B)
- Sample Cut Sheet Coated Paper (A2 size/5 sheets)
- Maintenance Cartridge (Installed)
- USB 2.0 High-Speed Interface
- User Manual CD
- Quick Setup Guide
- Printer Reference Guide
- Power Cord
- PosterArtist Lite Application CD
- Software CD
- Canon 1 Year Warranty