OpenUPS2 11V to 24V Intelligent DC-DC Uninterruptible Power Supply
PIC. 1 NEW intelligent Device: OpenUPS2 PCB – Hardware Top View
OpenUPS2 – Key Features:
- 2.5″ drive footprint
- Input Voltage Range: [ 11V-24V ]
- Programmable Output Voltage: [ 12V-24V /5A ]
- 1uA Deep Sleep mode
- 530uA Sleep mode
- Default output Voltage: [ 12V ]
- Synchronous boost design *
- Fuel Gauge (coulomb counter meter)
- Power path selector
- UPS applications
- Portable Energy pack
- 1A – LiFePO4 Charger, Balancer
- Removable battery design
- Mini-FIT JR connectors
- Motherboard ON/OFF pulse control
- LED indicator
- Windows detects “Battery”, no special drivers
- 3x 18650 LiFePO4 Batteries** (NOT included, or sold, by Mini-Box)
- Manufacturer Site: mini-box.com
- ROHS compliant
*V(In) has to be <= V(Out)
If V(In) > V(Out) output will follow V(In)
**Click links for recommended LiFePO4 batteries:
High power or 1.2A
PIC. 2 NEW intelligent Device: OpenUPS2 PCB
The OpenUPS2 was designed to provide the user-specified regulated power output from a wide input voltage or battery backup, microprocessor assisted LiFePO4 battery charging and cell balancing in a single PCBA. Battery cells are inserted into the device, no need for special cabling between cells and UPS. The UPS contains a synchronous boost converter with high accuracy voltage and current regulation and automatic system power path selection from adapter or battery. It charges the battery in three phases: preconditioning, constant current mode, and constant voltage mode.
– Fuel Gauge. Open-UPS provides accurate fuel gauge capabilities by precisely measuring the input and output current flow. In the case of low battery situations, the system can send an ON/OFF pulse (or by reporting remaining battery capacity via USB) to a motherboard in an attempt to gracefully shut down the system.
– Intelligent UPS, USB interface, SMBUS slave. Communication can be done over USB and the device has also SMBUS reporting capability. Windows detects OpenUPS as Battery and automatically shows battery in the system tray.
– V(In) has to be <= V(Out). If V(In) > V(Out) output will follow V(In).
OpenUPS2 has Windows support and API allowing developers to interface custom applications.
Output and settings can be monitored via custom software applications, 2nd battery status shows on all Windows systems. Windows detects device as “Battery”, no special drivers required.
OpenUPS2 – Key Features:
- USB interface works with Windows devices (Linux API planned),
- SMBUS slave,
- Input Voltage Range [11V-24V],
- Programmable voltage thresholds,
- Generate any output voltage between 12-24V, booster based design,
- Supports LiFePO4 battery chemistry,
- 3 state charge (precharge, constant current, constant voltage),
- Balances 3 series batteries,
- Charge voltage 3×3.5V, charge current 1A, precharge current 0.3A,
- Coulomb counting,
- Battery temperature monitoring for each cell and temp compensated charge,
- Start/Stop button,
- Relay output,
- Motherboard ON/OFF pulse control,
- External LED connection,
- Missing battery cells detection,
- Ultra low power consumption (1uA- in Deep Sleep mode) or (530uA- in Sleep mode),
- Windows detects device as “Battery”.
- 3/10/2016 Extended availability for the next 5 years
PIC. 3 OpenUPS2 – PCB & Cables
Download the OpenUPS2
Mini-Box Open UPS2:
Manufacturer info: mini-box.com