Atomos – Ninja Flame 4k Recorder and Monitor
PIC. 1 Atomos NINJA Flame
Scorching Brightness. Intense and unique Detail.
Ninja Flame overcomes the display challenges of shooting Log, displaying the full brightness range on a field monitor for the first time, with true-to-life vibrant colors. It has a 7″ 10-bit 1500nit panel with the AtomHDR engine and HDMI connections to record and playback video to 4K/HD 10-bit ProRes/DNxHR.
Get More from Your DSLR
The perfect partner for DSLR and Mirrorless cameras with Log output over HDMI. From gimbal operators to Corporate to Indy filmmakers, your recordings are instantly upgraded to the defacto standard for Hollywood, Indie & Broadcasters (ProRes and DNxHR), ensuring you’re not technically rejected in Post and letting you see the detail of your camera’s Log on set with natural colors on the calibrated 7″ AtomHDR High Bright monitor.
Scenes Ignite with 1500Nits of Light
Not all scenes call for HDR Log recording. In situations that don’t call for 10 stops of dynamic range, use the intensity of the 1500nit panel to monitor traditional Rec709 video at high brightness for outdoor monitoring.
Simply pick the right mode, HDR or High Bright, and get busy setting up your shot on the premium 7″ display boasting 10-bit processing, 1920×1200 resolution, 325ppi pixel density, optional calibration to overcome natural LCD color drift and an arsenal of precision video setup tools for perfect shots every time.
Burn Away the Fog of Log
Camera Log (S-Log2, S-Log3, C-Log, V-Log etc) delivers maximum sensor detail in your recordings, but on monitors, it looks washed out & makes judging exposure difficult. The compromise for filmmakers is to use LUT’s to get the approximate “look” but sacrifice detail or use calibration cards, waveform & some “rule of thumb” figures to set exposure correct. AtomHDR is the solution, accurately displaying HDR Log footage with the brightness to see Log as the eye sees it.
Affordable, Reliable Media
The combination of high capacity media with recording directly from the sensor means that the conventional 30min barrier imposed by many cameras can be bypassed.
Record Professional 4K & HD
Recording 4K and high frame rate HD within the camera might seem enough but unless you record with the right codec you’re restricting flexibility in post and even run the risk of having your footage technically rejected. Along with the high pixel density of 4K, the Ninja Flame records higher resolution 10-bit color information, more precise yet efficient 4:2:2 color encoding and to visually lossless, edit-ready codecs like Apple ProRes or AVID DNxHR.
Now you’re recording professionally, capturing full individual frames just like film and opening up more creativity in post and grading. Additionally, bypassing internal recording also bypasses the 30min recording barrier found on many DSLR cameras.
Simple OS, Sophisticated Shots
The Flame Series is packed with an extensive suite of scopes, all 1-touch away and simple to use. The Video OS includes tools for focus, framing & exposure (Focus peaking, 2:1/1:1 zoom, Zebra, False Color, Safe Area, luma/RGB parade, vectorscope) along with a flexible 3D LUT implementation (use built-in LUTs or upload .cube files) and options for de-squeezing anamorphic content.
Continuous Power is Here… With Super Fast Charging
Ninja Flame patented continuous power system pioneered on Atomos’ HD products are back on the 4K range. The hot-swappable dual battery system that automatically swaps to the second battery when power is low, coupled with the blazingly fast battery charger and dual 4-cell batteries (both included with the product) means that continuous power in the field is all but assured.
Advanced DSLR Audio Monitoring
Record audio as well as video externally on the Ninja Flame. Monitor up to 8ch of HDMI audio or 2ch analog line in on the dedicated audio meters, all locked frame accurate with adjustment for frame delay, gain adjustment, and Mic level adjustment when using external microphones (3.5mm unbalanced input).
Advanced Recording Capability
Outside of 10-bit 4:2:2 ProRes/DNx, the Ninja Flame adds recording functionality not found in other recorders. Trigger start/stop recording over HDMI from select Canon, Sony, Panasonic, Nikon cameras. Convert interlace video from your camera to progressive on the fly with built-in 3:2 and 2:2 pulldown and gain advanced functionality like Pre-roll (continuous cache recording to never miss the action) and Time-lapse to maximize your creativity.
Battle-Ready! For the Field
Fast charger – 3 times the charging time of conventional chargers
Battle-ready build – Built-in Armor, Continuous power, and Lightweight design
Batteries included – NP style 4-cell batteries (1.5 hours monitoring & recording in 4K)
AtomHDR – 10 stops of dynamic range, 1500nit 7″ Full-HD calibrated monitor
Snap-fast HDR sun hood – Strong block out and magnetic snap-fast design for easy screen access
- AtomHDR = More detail: AtomHDR delivers 10 stops of dynamic range (brightness range) to match 10-bit camera LOG footage, revealing detail in highlights & shadows usually clipped on traditional (REC709) monitors. Supported LOG cameras include- Sony, Canon, Panasonic, ARRI, RED & JVC.
- High Bright 7″ Calibrated Monitor: The world’s most advanced 7″ field monitor, with 1500 nits brightness for outdoor shooting, native Full HD resolution & calibration to ensure natural LCD color drift can be corrected over time – shoot what you see guaranteed.
- 10-bit monitoring: Upgraded 10-bit processing to resolve 1.07 billion colors compared to the 16.7 million colors of traditional 8-bit panels to all but eliminate color banding.
- 10-bit post production: Monitor post production content in 10-bit HDR for any NLE or color correction suite.
- HDMI: Full-size HDMI in and out for connection to DSLR and Mirrorless cameras and output to larger HDMI screens.
- Professional 4K Recording: Records directly from the sensor in high-resolution 4K UHD (up to 30p) or high frame rate HD (50/60/120p) at higher resolution 10-bit color with precise yet efficient 4:2:2 color encoding.
- Improved Video Quality: 10-bit color resolution, 4:2:2 color accuracy and visually lossless ProRes/DNxHR compression.
- Continuous power: Atomos’ patent-pending hot swappable dual battery system for continuous power is backed up with the included power accessories including 2 x 4-cell batteries, D-Tap to DC cable and a blazingly fast battery charger.
Click NEXT To See the Atomos Ninja Flame Full Specifications