Near Field Communication – Part 4
RF430FRL15xH – 13.56MHz NFC ISO 15693 sensor transponder
The Texas Instruments RF430FRL15xH is a 13.56MHz NFC ISO 15693 sensor tag with a programmable 16-bit MSP430™ low-power microcontroller. It features embedded non-volatile FRAM for storage of program code or user data like sensor calibration and measurement data. Sensor measurements are supported by the internal temperature sensor, optional thermistor and analog sensors using the onboard 14-bit sigma delta analog-to-digital converter.
The RF430FRL15xH supports communication, parameter, setting and configuration via the ISO/IEC 15693, ISO 18000-3 compliant interface and the I2 C/SPI serial interface. Optimized for operation in fully passive (battery-less) or single-cell battery-powered mode to achieve extended battery life in portable and wireless sensing applications. FRAM is a new non-volatile memory technology that combines the speed, flexibility and endurance of SRAM with the stability and reliability of flash, all at lower total power consumption.
Smart Sensor Tag IC Inside
• ISO 15693-compliant RF interface
• Power supply system with either single-cell battery or 13.56-MHz H-field supply
• 14-bit Sigma-Delta analog-to-digital converter
• Internal temperature sensor
• 16-bit MSP430 microcontroller core
• 2 KB FRAM
• 8 KB of embedded ROM code
• Supply voltage range: 1.45 V to 1.65 V
• Wake-up from LPM3 in less than 5 μs
• 4-MHz high-frequency clock
• 16-bit timer with three capture/compare registers
• SPI/ I2 C interface
• Full 4-wire JTAG debug interface
• Supports wireless communication via the ISO/IEC 15693, ISO/IEC 18000-3 compliant RFID interface.
• Optimized for 1.5-V single-cell-battery-powered designs or battery-less designs that harvest energy from the RF field generated from an NFC reader at the same reading distance.
• Intelligent power management includes a battery switch to ensure long battery life.
• 14-bit sigma-delta ADC with ultra-low input current, low noise, and ultra-low offset, enables developers to connect up to three additional external sensors in addition to the integrated temperature sensor.
• SPI or I2 C interface configurable in master or slave mode can support digital sensors or connect the device to a host system.
• Application code embedded in ROM manages RF communication and sensor readings to provide the ultimate flexibility in Memory Debug mode.
• Universal non-volatile memory (FRAM) allows data storage as well as extension and adjustment of application code.
• Integrates a 16-bit ultra-low-power programmable MSP430 CPU core that is supported by a robust ecosystem of development tools.
• Fully integrated into TI’s Code Composer Studio™ (CCStudio) and IAR’s Embedded Workbench® integrated development environments (IDEs).
• Industrial wireless sensors
• Medical wireless sensors
Development tools and software
RF430FRL152HEVM – Evaluation PCBoard Module
• RF430FRL152HEVM AMAZON -Price $42.77