PXW-FS5/FS5K Solid State 4K Memory Camcorder
- Super 35-Sized CMOS Sensor
- Sony E-Mount
- UHD at 24/30 FPS, HD Up to 240 FPS
- XAVC Long, AVCHD Recording Codecs
- 2 x SD Media Card Slots
- HD/3G-SDI & HDMI Output
- Includes 18 to 105mm Zoom Lens
- Supports Wi-Fi and NFC
Bringing a smaller, handheld form factor to Sony’s line of digital cinema cameras, the PXW-FS5 XDCAM Super 35 Camera System captures UHD video using a Super 35mm-sized sensor for cinematic imagery. Though small in size, it incorporates professional features that differentiate it from consumer and DSLR/mirrorless cameras and make it suitable for use on productions as diverse as cinéma vérité-style documentaries, reality TV, and commercial and corporate applications. The included 7x zoom lens covers APS-C-sized and Super 35mm-sized sensors, features optical steady shot image stabilization, and has a 35mm equivalent focal length of 27 to 158mm.
The camera’s E-mount is machined from stainless steel and allows you to use E-mount lenses or accept most 35mm lenses with the use of adapters, including PL, EF, Leica, and Nikon lenses. The camera records in your choice of XAVC-L or AVCHD. It incorporates two SD media card slots that support simultaneous or relay recording. Outputs include both HDMI and SDI and Sony’s proprietary Multi-Terminal. The body also incorporates an Ethernet connector, headphone jack, and XLR audio inputs. All connectors and card slots are covered to protect from dust incursion. The camera supports Wi-Fi and NFC functionality, allowing you live stream from the camera, or control it from a wireless device.
- The 4K Super 35 EXMOR sensor features approximately 14 stops of latitude and a wide color gamut. It offers a choice of XAVC or AVCHD codecs. The XAVC codec can be used for 4K and HD recording, while MPEG-2 is limited to HD recording. The XAVC Long allows you to encode from HD to UHD using Intra-Frame or Long GoP compression with 10-bit 422 for HD and 8-bit 420 for UHD.
- The PXW-FS5 is equipped with an E-mount machined from solid stainless steel for stability and strength. It accepts E-mount lenses from Sony, Zeiss, and other manufacturers. The shallow flange distance allows you to mount most 35mm lens types, such as PL, DSLR, and legacy SLR lenses, including Canon EF, Leica, and Nikon as well as many others with mechanical adapters.
- The camera includes an ergonomic handgrip that Sony calls a SmartGrip, which features Zoom, Start/Stop and Assign controls. The SmartGrip facilitates camera operation with the right hand, leaving the left hand free to operate the lens. The handgrip can be positioned at different angles permitting greater flexibility.
- The camera features two SD media slots that support simultaneous or relay recording. One of the two SD slots also accepts Memory Stick-type media.
- All input, output connectors feature covers for dust protection; this applies even to the DC input and LANC connector. The media card slots and Multi-Terminal are likewise protected from dust by a swing away door.
- The camera includes a removable top handle that incorporates a second XLR 3-pin audio input that compliments the 3-pin XLR input incorporated into the body. Both audio inputs feature a selector switch for line/mic/mic+48.
- The top handle allows you to attach the LCD viewfinder to the camera, providing you with a choice of using the camera’s built-in EVF, or a larger LCD viewscreen. Audio level control is on the main body of the camera and offers automatic gain control.
- A built-in, electronic, variable ND system allows you to dial in anywhere from 1/4 to 1/128th ND filtration in the camera body, allowing you to eschew the use of optical ND filters. The variable ND also features four preset positions; off, 1/4, 1/16, and 1/64.
- One SDI connector provides HD 10-bit 422 output. In addition, one A-type HDMI 2.0 provides 4K and HD output. Both the SDI and HDMI ports can output REC trigger and TC following Sony’s established transmission method.
- The PXW-FS5 records to XAVC-L QFHD 8-bit 420 (up to 30fps) and HD 10-bit 422 (up to 60fps) internally.
- The PXW-FS5 has Simultaneous-Recording capability with Individual Rec Trigger. Mirror or back-up recording is possible. There are two Rec s/s buttons: one on the camera grip, the other on the camera handle. The target SD card slot for each trigger is assigned in the Recording Menu.
- The PXW-FS5 is capable of simultaneously recording proxy files with the same name and time code as the main recordings.
- The camera has a built in Wi-Fi capabilities that enables live streaming to PCs, tablets, and smart phones. When using content Browser mobile, the user can even control the camera wirelessly. One (1) Ethernet connector located on the rear panel of the camera provides robust connections when a reliable Wi-Fi link is not available.
- Recorded movie files can be transferred via network to a designated FTP server. The following file format is available for FTP:
XAVC Proxy files
XAVC-L recorded files (4K(QFHD) & HD)
AVCHD files (only m2ts stream files)
- Zoom lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 27-158mm, covering wide-angle to telephoto perspectives.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture enables greater consistency throughout the zoom range and benefits working in dim conditions with longer focal lengths.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization works to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed steps to benefit shooting handheld in dim lighting and with greater zoom magnifications.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements and three aspherical elements helps to reduce chromatic aberrations and distortion throughout the zoom range while also contributing to overall image sharpness and clarity.
- Handycam technology is used, along with a floating axis design, to provide smooth, quiet zooming performance that is well-suited to movie recording.
- Internal zoom and focus design helps to maintain a constant lens length with a non-rotating front element to support use of polarizing filters.
- Zoom lever allows greater control over the speed of zoom using either variable or fixed-speed settings.
- Separate, dedicated focusing ring permits direct manipulation of focus and gives way to separate power zoom and manual focus controls for greater precision.
Super 35mm Single-Chip 11.6MP Exmor CMOSIncluded Lens
Focal Length: 18 to 105mm (comparable 35mm Focal Length: 27 to 158mm)
Iris: f/4 to f/22
Angle of View: 77.4 to 15.6°
Minimum Focus Distance: 1.48′ / 45 cm
Image Stabilization: Yes
Filter Thread: 72mm
Dimensions (D x L): Approx. 3.07 x 4.33″ / 7.8 x 11 cm
Weight: 15.06 oz / 427 g
|Effective Picture Size (H x V)||3840 x 2160|
|LCD Monitor||3.5″ / 8.8 cm
Approx: 1.56M dots
|Viewfinder||0.39″ / 0.99 cm OLED
Approx: 1.44M dots
|ND Filter||Variable: 1/4 to 1/128
Presets: Clear, 1/4, 1/26, 1/64
|Sensitivity||ISO Rating: 3200 (S-Log3 Gamma)
Lux: 2000 lx, 89.9% reflectance
Video Gamma: T14(3840 x 2160 @ 23.98p mode, 3200K)`
|Min. Illumination||60i: 0.16 lx (iris f/1.4, gain auto, shutter speed 1/24)
50i: 0.18 lx (iris f/1.4, gain auto, shutter speed 1/25)
|S/N Ratio||57 db (Y) (typical)|
|Recording Format||XAVC Long
100Mb/s: 3840 x 2160p 29.97 / 25 / 23.98
60Mb/s: 3840 x 2160p 29.97 / 25 / 23.98
50Mb/s: 1920 x 1080p 59.94 / 50 / 29.97 / 25 / 23.98
50Mb/s: 1920 x 1080i 59.94 / 50
50Mb/s: 1280 x 720p 59.94 / 50
35Mb/s: 1920 x 1280p 59.94 / 50 / 29.97 / 25 / 23.98
25Mb/s: 1920 x 1080i 59.94 / 50XAVC Proxy
H.264 / AVC
1280 x 720: 3 to 6Mb/s
640 x 360: 1 to 3Mb/sAVCHD
28Mb/s (PS): 1920 x 1080p 59.94 / 50
24Mb/s (FX): 1920 x 1080p 29.97 / 25 / 23.98
24Mb/s (FX): 1920 x 1080i 59.94 / 50
24Mb/s (FX): 1280 x 720p: 59.94 / 50
17Mb/s (FH): 1920 x 1080p 29.97 / 25 / 23.98
17Mb/s (FH): 1920 x 1080i 59.94 / 50
17Mb/s (FH): 1280 x 720p: 59.94 / 50
9Mb/s (HQ): 1280 x 720p: 59.94 / 50
|Audio Recording Format||XAVC Long
Linear PCM 2 ch, 24-bit, 48kHzAVCHD
Linear PCM 2 ch, 16-bit, 48kHz
Dolby digital 2ch, 16-bit, 48kHz
|Shutter Speed||60i: 1/8 to 1/10,000
50i/24p:1/6 to 1/10,000
|Gain Selection||0, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 24,27, 30dB, AGC|
Memory B (1500K-50000K)/ATW
|Slow & Quick Motion Function||3840 x 2160 30p: Frame rate selectable 1, 2, 4, 8, 15, 30
3840 x 2160 25p: Frame rate selectable 1, 2, 3, 6, 12, 25
1920 x 1080 60i: Frame rate selectable 1, 2, 4, 8, 15, 30, 60
1920 x 1080 50i: Frame rate selectable 1, 2, 3, 6, 12, 25, 50
|Super Slow Motion||60i: Frame rate selectable ( 120, 240, 480, 960)
50i: Frame rate selectable ( 100, 240, 400, 800)
|WiFi Compatible||Format: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
Frequency Band: 2.4 GHz
Security: WEP / WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK
NFC: NFC Forum Type 3 Tag Compliant
|Media Card Slots||1 x MS/SD (dual Memory Stick/SD)
1 x SD
|Input and Output Connectors||Audio Input
2 x 3-pin XLR
1 x BNC HD/3G-SDI
1 x Type AUSB
1 x Multi/Micro (composite video integrated into Multi/Micro USB jack)Headphone
1 x Stereo mini jackRemote
Stereo mini jack (Φ2.5 mm)Wired LAN
1 x RJ-45 (100Base-TX/10Base-T
|Accessory Shoe||Multi-Interface (MI) shoe|
|Power Requirement||Battery Pack: 14.4 VDC
AC Adapter: 12 VDC
|Power Consumption||NTSC: Approx 11.8W
PAL: Approx 11.5W
Note: While recording with LCD on, EVF off, when external device connector is not used.
|Temperature||Operating: 32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C
Storage: -4 to 140°F / -20 to 60°C)
|Dimensions||Body Only: 4.50 x 5.13 x 6.88″ / 11.43 x 13.02 x 17.46 cm (approx)
Body, Lens & Accessories: 7.38 x 8.63 x 6.88″ / 18.73 x 21.91 x 17.46 cm (with 18 to 105mm lens, lens hood, large eyecup, LCD viewfinder, top handle, grip)
|Weight||Body Only: 29.2 oz / 827.8 g
Body, Lens & Accessories: 4.9 lb / 2.23 kg (with 18 to 105mm lens, lens hood, large eyecup, LCD viewfinder, top handle, grip)
|Package Weight||9.85 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||12.1 x 11.5 x 10.4″|
INTO THE BOX
Sony PXW-FS5 XDCAM Super 35 Camera System with Zoom Lens
- E PZ 18-105mm f/4 G OSS Lens
- Lens Hood
- Large Eye Cup
- LCD Viewfinder
- LCD Viewfinder Protector
- Top Handle
- Grip Remote
- Accessory Shoe Kit (Accessory Shoe, Accessory Shoe Plate, Attachment Screws)
- 2 x Power Cord
- AC Adapter
- BP-U30 Lithium-Ion Battery
- BC-U1 Battery Charger
- CD-ROM with Manuals
- Wireless Remote Commander
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
Recommended Lenses – Click Here.
Source : Sony