How to Repair broken Plastic-PET, ABS, Thermoplastic Details.
Every one of us, in his childhood, had a favorite game or toy. During the hundreds of hours in games, playing with this toy, often the last is broke down. Conception, to buy a new one or to repair, has two aspects – sides:
1. Buys a new toy is a perfect variant in case of a toy is а irreparably damaged. The Broken Favorite Plastic Toy goes to the garbage.
It isn’t Environment-friendly, but Nature, in this case, has no choice.
2. Small cracks or lapse of material, who can be repaired in many manners.
It is the Environment-friendly.
Today, we will talk about the ways to repair, cracked ThermoPlastic Plastic Enclosure:
- On twisting, pressure or onset, the resulting cracks in the plastic are most often long, with one “ray”,
- The cracks, caused by the release of the land are long, sometimes single, sometimes with a few “rays”.
- Damages on a plastic enclosure, produced by impact to, e.g. sharp edge, can produce a hole, where, whole plastic pieces are missing.
When we are talking about repairing of the resulting cracks, we will start with less problematic single ray crack – produced by twisting, pressure or onset…
Necessary Materials and Tools:
- Fume Extractor or Good Ventilation – More preferable is to be working on open air,
- Soldering Iron with adjustable working temperature and not very thin soldering iron tip.
- Different Iron Tips:
- The preferably is a cheap, out-of-use soldering iron tip…,
- Because, plastics emits cancerogenic fume and active substances – capable of breaking, or damaging the Iron Tip’s coating.
- Metalic – Copper or Cantal wire with 0.2 – 0.3 mm diameter,
- Pliers, Cutting Pliers,
- Optional, thin Teflon – PTFE – foil.
The Whole Text Will be available as a methodology in a Digital Store, soon…
To Be Continued in Digital Store…