The Tweezers: See All Kinds, From The Beginning To The End!
For a Large part of Humans can be said they are Skillful people – but when it comes to handling and positioning the small objects – on the order of a few millimeters, the human’s fingers are not suitable ” Unarmed ” to do these activities.
On Help, comes the Tweezers…
That smart fingers extension is allowing us to picking-up, move, place back and, in general, to manipulate with devices from few millimeters long to 1 mm or smaller.
Tweezers with Built-in Light Source:
PIC. 2 Precision Tweezers (MG-88) and Carson Lighted MagniGrip 4.5x LED Lighted Magnifier
Joyutoy Adjustable Stainless Steel Tweezer for Electronics, Jewelry, Hobbies, Laboratory Work
Thin and sharp SS nonmagnetic with adjustable force to close for electronics and jewelry, hatched inner and handle grip surfaces for best user experience.
PIC. 3 Joyutoy Tweezers’ Inner Surface Grip – Detailed View
PIC. 4 Joyutoy Tweezers’ Way of Close force adjustment
PIC. 5 WIHA 44501 – 130mm long, with Fine Point
PIC. 6 WIHA 44518 – Tweezers with Strong Point
PIC. 7 Standard – INOX: non-rusting tweezers.
All About Tweezers – Additional info from Excelta:
PIC. 9 7 SA-PI-ET
AMAZON.CO.UK Affiliate Link: Excelta 7 SA-PI-ET Style 7 2 STAR ESD Safe Ergonomic Tweezers
Excelta 7-SA-SE Style 7
PIC. 10 Excelta 7-SA-SE Style 7
AMAZON.CO.UK Affiliate Link: Excelta 7-SA-SE Style 7 Ergonomic Tweezers
PIC. 11 ColobriTM ST-5S In Action
ColibriTM ST-5S Features
Smart Tweezers (ST) is an ultra-compact and comfortable impedance measuring tool. ST can measure resistance, capacitance or inductance over a range of more than 8 orders of magnitude. The device ST-5S has very good basic accuracy – better than 0.2% (resistance) and operates at four test frequencies.
Smart Tweezers is controlled by a microcontroller that sets measurement conditions, processes data and operates the display and user interface. The device has a unique mechanical design that allows manipulation SMT components with size down to 0201.
In actual use, Smart Tweezers provides more accurate results than most of the bench top LCR meters due to small and very predictable parasitic of its probes. The probability of measurement errors associated with setup (wires, tips, probes and etc.) is minimal.
PIC. 12 ColobriTM ST-5S In Action
ST-5S evaluates impedance of a component by measuring the voltage across the component and current through it. The complex ratio of voltage to current gives us the complex impedance. The Internal microcontroller calculates various parameters that are displayed i.e. R, C or L.
SCH. 1 Schematic Diagram
Voltage across the component is generated by the test signal source Vs. Both the amplitude and frequency of Vs can be set. The voltage is applied to the device under test (DUT) through the source resistance Rs. Current flows to the virtual ground of the current amplifier AI, and through the current conversion resistor Ri ( see SCH. 1 ). The output of AI provides a signal proportional to the current, I*Ri.
The voltage across the DUT is measured by a separate signal path (amplifier AU), thus providing a pseudo 4-wire Kelvin connection.
Voltage and current signals are processed by the A/D converter. Obtained values are then corrected using calibration factors, converted to impedance and sent to the display.
There are four selectable frequencies: 100Hz, 120Hz, 1.0kHz and, 10kHz. The output frequency is accurate to 50 ppm (0.005%). Frequencies are set in the menu or by moving the Navigation Control UP. There are three output voltage levels that can be selected: 0.5 Vrms and 1.0 Vrms. The accuracy of the output voltage levels is 2 %. The output voltage is applied to the device under test through the source impedance.
The voltage across the device is always less than or equal to the output voltage. The source impedance value is 100Ω. Certain devices require a specific test voltage, such as Z5U ceramic capacitors (test voltage = 0.5 Vrms for 25V parts and 1.0V for < 16V parts).
Device Additional Functions
• Smart Tweezers™ LCR meter allows you to test various component types, including secondary components of Dissipation Factor (D), Quality Factor (Q).
This handheld also includes other functions that result in a more detailed component analysis.
• Smart Tweezers™ LCR meter has built-in Equivalent Series Resistance (ESR) mode helps you better understand the inherent resistance – behavior typically found in capacitors across selected frequencies.
• In its DIODE mode Smart Tweezers™ tests diode polarity and indicates if it is short.
• Smart Tweezers™ has a continuity detector. Variable beeper sounds for resistance reading below set thresholds. Additionally, this function helps to locate shorted conductors (e.g. on a PCB).
• In manual modes Smart Tweezers™ measures a specific circuit parameter — L, C, R, Z or ESR. Manual modes also improve component type identification for in-circuit tests.
• Variable test signal output from 0.5 to 1.0 Vrms allows improving test precision in different situation e.g. for in-circuit measurement and loose leaded ceramic capacitors.
• Visible and audible tolerance mode allows performing component sorting.
• Math null function allows to store a pre-measured offset and improve measurement precision.
Wide Spectrum of Additional Functions
Here are two example views on the device’s OLED display:
PIC. 14 OLED Example Views
- AC test mode Test frequency: 1 kHz, 10 kHz, 120Hz,100 Hz
- Test frequency accuracy: 50 PPM (0.005%)
- Test signal level: 0.5/1.0 +/- 5% Vrms
- Sine wave Source impedance: 62.5Ω / 1kΩ / 16kΩ +/- 1%
- Measurement Ranges
- Resistance R: 0.05 Ω to 9.9 MΩ
- Capacitance C: 0.5 pF to 4999 μF
- Inductance L: 0.5 uH to 999 mH
- Quality factor Q: 0.001 to 1000
- Dissipation factor D: 0.001 to 1000
- Physical Specifications Size 15.0 x 1.8 x 1.5 cm (5.9 x 0.7 x 0.6 in)
- Weight 29 grams (0.06 lb)
- Operating temperature: 0°C to 50°C
- Battery Type: 3.7V LiPO rechargeable 180mAH Battery Life (continuous) 20 hours, 3 hours charging cycle
ST-5S Video Overview
2. Smart Tweezers® ST5L Iskra™ is a specialized solution for testing and verification of SMD and through hole LEDs.
The device design combines a pair of high-quality gold-plated tweezers and a digital adaptive LED tester in a compact, lightweight, battery-powered instrument.
Video 2. Smart Tweezers® Iskra™ ST5L
Adaptive LED Tester – Product Overview in 80 Seconds
- Ergonomic design
- Convenient one-hand operation
- Ideal for Surface Mount Devices
- Automatic LED polarity detection and display
- Forward drop voltage display
- Adjustable constant test current 1-30mA
- Adjustable test duty cycle 10-1000 mSec
- LED visual brightness verification
- LED visual color verification
- OLED Display
- Integrated Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery
Smart Tweezers® ST5L Iskra™ is a specialized solution for testing and verification of SMD and through hole LEDs.
The device design combines a pair of high-quality gold-plated tweezers and a digital adaptive LED tester
in a compact, lightweight, battery-powered instrument.
Testing Surface Mount and Throughole LEDs
Surface mount devices are usually more difficult to test and identify SMD than conventional components due to their size.
Smart Tweezers® Iskra™ gives users an easy way to test and verify various types of LEDs even already placed on boards.
The probe can also be used to test through hole LED.
Smart Tweezers ST5L Iskra™ using a unique safe adaptive test algorithm to perform smart and automatic LED polarity detection.
After LED polarity detection Smart Tweezers Iskra™ lights the LED at the preset test current value and at the set current pulse duration.
PIC. 16 Example OLED Display VIEW
During to the testing cycle, the device displays test current value, polarity indicator,
the forward voltage drop across the LED depending on the current through the LED and the current pulse duration.
Built-in Rechargeable Li-Ion Polymer Battery
Smart Tweezers ST5L Iskra™ comes equipped with a built-in high-capacity Li-Ion rechargeable battery.
Micro USB charging cord and power supply (USA and Canada only) are included. Smart Tweezers Iskra™ can be charged from any standard USB port or USB wall charger.
The Device Design is Ergonomic with Intuitive and Convenient Controls
Default settings of the test current and the pulse duration can be modified by the joystick-type control.
Multipurpose Testing Device – LCR, ESR, Diode, LED, Oscilloscope Mode Measuring Tweezers:
Hot-Tweezers / Dual Hot Tip Tweezers:
PIC. 18 X-TRONIC 8020-XTS: Antistatic Digital Soldering Iron Station & Hot Desoldering Tweezers
Don’t Stop to Believe in Your Skills – They are Inestimable!