α99 II: New 42.4 Mpixel 4K Professional Camera By SONY
42.4 Mpixel 4K Video Professional Camera By SONY
PIC. 1 SONY α99 II Device dimensions – Body Only: 5 5/8″ x 4 1/8″ x 3″ inches
142.6 mm x 104.2 mm x 76.1 mm
SONY α99 II Key Features:
- 42.4 Mpixel Full-frame Exmor R CMOS Sensor – using back illumination principle.
- 12 Fps Max continuous shooting
- Solid, dust and moisture-resistant magnesium alloy body
- Ultra High-Reliable shooting mechanism – over 300,000 shots guaranteed
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC interface
- Hybrid Phase Detection AF system
- The World’s First 79-point AF sensor plus 399-points on image
- 5-axis in-body image stabilization: Horizontal, Vertical, Pitch, Yaw and Roll
- Eye AF automatical detection mode – The system focusing and tracking the face on focused eye object, even it is moving
- Flicker Free Operation – the camera automatically detects flicker and adjust the time of the shutter for canceling this effect
- Normal ISO Range 100 – 25600 – Pictures and Video
- Expanded ISO Range 50 – 102400 for still images only
- BIONZ X™ Digital Image Processor
- 1/2 inch electronic Tru-Finder™ viewfinder using OLED Display with XGA resolution and ZEISS® T* Coating
- Rechargeable Lithium Battery Energy Content: 11.5 Watt/h
- Device Supports Battery Type: Sony NP-FM500H
- QR Code Recognition Function
- New Improved User Interface and User Menu Organization
- Compact Body Size: 142.6 mm x 104.2 mm x 76.1 mm
PIC. 2 SONY α99 II
Camera’s Body Construction
This significant 42.4 Mpixel Translucent Mirror 4K Camera has ultra durable Metallic Body – made of a magnesium alloy allows to be Light weighing, but at the same time is very strong.
All buttons, interface ports and command dials are sealed with rubber rings for moisture and dust resistance.
PIC. 3 SONY α99 II Rear Side View
When you are shooting in room or hall lighted with fluorescent lighting lamps – working at 50 or 60 Hz, there are 50 or 60 times dropping in the light intensity per second, related the working principle of these lamps.
Described High-technological device has integrated a brilliant innovation – and allows the Flicker Free Operation: The camera automatically detects flicker and adjust the time of the shutter for canceling this effect.
You can see the picture below visually, the problem and the result from the anti-flicker feature:
Remark: When using Anti-flicker option – the flicker detection is at 100 Hz or 120 Hz only. This Function is not available during the movie recording or any slow bulb lamp intensity changes. In the most cases, the continuous shooting speed is decreasing.
PIC. 4 SONY α99 II The Effect from the anti-flicker option
PIC. 5 SONY α99 II 5-axis In-body Image Stabilization: Horizontal, Vertical, Pitch, Yaw and Roll
PIC. 6 42.4 Mpixel, 35 mm Equivalent, Full-frame Exmor R CMOS Sensor
PIC. 7 Hybrid Auto Focus system – The World’s First 79-point AF sensor plus 399-points on image
VIDEO 1. In-Depth Look At The Sony α99 II A-Mount Camera
Don’t Stop To Reinvent The Beauty, Dear Photographers, And Photo Enthusiasts!