- 7″ high-resolution monitor with Ultra HD recorder
- High-resolution monitoring and professional recording for any camera
- See and capture every detail with confidence
- 10-bit 4:2:2 ProRes and DNxHD recording
- Low-cost, high-performance storage you can get anywhere
Blackmagic Design Video Assist – 4K Basic Description
Blackmagic Video Assist
High-resolution monitoring and professional recording for any camera!
Now it’s easy to add professional monitoring and recording to any SDI or HDMI camera with Blackmagic Video Assist! You get a super-bright touch screen display that’s much larger than the displays found on DSLR cameras, making it easier to accurately set focus and frame shots, plus you get high-speed SD card recorders for HD or Ultra HD recording in incredible 10-bit 4:2:2 quality ProRes or DNxHD files.
Video Assist 4K features a 7″ high-resolution screen, two high-speed recorders for non-stop Ultra HD recording, XLR mic inputs, a built-in speaker and more! The larger screen is 1920 x 1200, so you can see a full 16:9 image without the status bar covering the picture. Video Assist 4K features the latest high-speed UHS-II SD card recorders and can record 1080 HD as well as Ultra HD up to 2160p30 on low cost, readily available SD cards!
You also get two extremely low noise professional analog mini XLR connections so you can bypass low-quality DSLR audio and connect professional microphones directly.
Shoot Better Video
See and capture every detail with confidence
Whether it’s a wedding, an indie film, or a television commercial, you need to make sure your images are perfectly sharp and captured at the highest possible quality, no matter what type of camera you use. Blackmagic Video Assist works with everything from DSLR’s to older tape-based camcorders, and even the latest digital film cameras.
When you’re shooting a wedding, there’s only one chance to get it right and if you’re an indie filmmaker, you want your film to look as good as a Hollywood movie when projected at festivals. Blackmagic Video Assist helps you make sure every shot is in focus and gives you professional images with the same recording quality used by major motion pictures and prime-time TV shows!
Professional HD and Ultra HD Recorder
10-bit 4:2:2 ProRes and DNxHD recording!
The 7″ Video Assist 4K records HD and Ultra HD up to 2160p30. You get incredible looking, broadcast quality 10-bit, 4:2:2 ProRes or DNxHD files that work with all major editing software so you can start editing without having to convert them! Recording can be automatically triggered from SDI and HDMI so you can stay focussed on getting the shot, without having to worry about operating additional gear! The 7″ Video Assist 4K also has two recorders so when one card is full, it automatically continues recording onto the next!
Records to High-Speed SD Card
Low-cost, high-performance storage you can get anywhere!
The 7″ Video Assist 4K records HD video using standard SD memory cards and can also record to super high-performance UHS-II cards which are fast enough to record Ultra HD! That means it’s now possible to record Ultra HD using low–cost cards that cost less than $2 per GB.
By connecting Video Assist to your existing camera, you can eliminate proprietary and expensive media such as XDCAM, P2, and SxS. UHS-II cards are fully backward compatible with regular SD card slots so you can just insert them into your computer to start editing the media immediately.
- SDI Video Input: 1 x SD/HD/Ultra HD 6G-SDI via BNC / SDI Video Output: 1 x SD/HD/Ultra HD 6G-SDI via BNC / HDMI Video Input: 1 x HDMI 2.0a connector / HDMI Video Output: 1 x HDMI 2.0a connector
- SDI Audio Input: 2 channels embedded via 6G-SDI / SDI Audio Output: 2 channels embedded via 6G-SDI / HDMI Audio Input: 2 channels embedded via HDMI 2.0a / HDMI Audio Output: 2 channels embedded via HDMI 2.0a
- Analog Audio Input: 2 x balanced mini XLR with phantom power / Analog Audio Output: 1 x 3.5 mm stereo analog audio output jack.
- Storage Type: Removable SDXC UHS-II, SDXC UHS-I, and SDHC UHS-I SD cards. Supports DS, HS, SDR12, SDR25, DDR50, SDR50 and SDR104 SD cards.
- SD Format Support: 525i59.94 NTSC, 625i50 PAL / HD Format Support: 720p50, 59.94, 1080p23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60, 1080i50, 59.94 / Ultra HD Format Support: 2160p23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
The monitor that’s perfect for the entire crew!
Most documentaries and indie films often operate with smaller crews and tighter budgets, so you don’t have extra money for a lot of expensive equipment. Video Assist combines several pieces of production gear into a single lightweight, portable package! You get a fantastic on-set monitor, an HD or Ultra HD recorder, and with the 7” model, you also get a high-quality audio recorder with two mic inputs! The touchscreen display can be used by the camera operator as a large viewfinder, by the DoP as alive on a set monitor to check framing, and by the Director to review each take before moving to the next shot!
Blackmagic Micro Studio Camera 4K
Add a monitor to your Micro Studio Camera
Turn your Blackmagic Micro Studio Camera into a full blown studio rig simply by adding a Video Assist! You get a brilliant 7” touchscreen that you can use as a viewfinder for checking focus and framing and a built-in recorder for recording Ultra HD video. It can even be used as an ISO recorder when you’re working on live switched television shows! When used with the HDMI connection, you’ll also be able to see the camera’s interface on the touchscreen so you can change camera settings, monitor audio levels, see the histogram and more.