- AtomHDR = More detail: AtomHDR delivers 10 stops of dynamic range (brightness range) to match 10-bit camera LOG footage, revealing detail in highlights & shadows usually clipped on traditional (REC709) monitors. Supported LOG cameras include Sony, Canon, Panasonic, ARRI, RED & JVC.
- High Bright 7″ Calibrated Monitor: The world’s most advanced 7″ field monitor, with 1500nits brightness for outdoor shooting, native Full HD resolution & calibration to ensure natural LCD color drift can be corrected over time – shoot what you see guaranteed.
- 10-bit monitoring: Upgraded 10-bit processing to resolve 1.07 billion colors compared to the 16.7 million colors of traditional 8-bit panels to all but eliminate color banding.
- 10-bit post production: Monitor post production content in 10-bit HDR for any NLE or color correction suite.
- HDMI/SDI: With both HDMI and SDI in/out you have the maximum flexibility in the choice of a camera including Raw SDI cameras like the Sony FS700/FS7 and Canon C500/C300MKII. With bi-directional conversion allowing you to add any camera to your HDMI or SDI workflow.
- 4K & Raw Recording: Record direct from the sensor at 4K UHD (up to 30p) or HD (50/60/120p) at higher resolution 10-bit color with precise yet efficient 4:2:2 color encoding. Even record Raw to ProRes/DNx for select Sony & Canon cameras.
- Improved Video Quality: 10-bit color resolution, 4:2:2 color accuracy and visually lossless ProRes/DNxHR compression.
- Continuous power: Atomos’ patent pending hot swappable dual battery system for continuous power is backed up with the included power accessories including 2 x 4-cell batteries, D-Tap to DC cable and a blazingly fast battery charger.
Intense Detail. Scorching Brightness.
Shoot in a log from the camera and for the first time, thanks to the AtomHDR engine, reproduce the vibrant colors & brightness of HDR in post production on a field monitor. The Shogun Flame is a 7″ 10-bit 1500nit Field Monitor with the AtomHDR engine, connections for HDMI / SDI / XLR and recording for both Video and Raw (Sony & Canon) to 4K/HD 10-bit ProRes/DNxHR.
Get Ahead of the Log Curve
Cameras with Log output (S-Log2, S-Log3, C-Log, V-Log etc) already have the 10+ stops of dynamic range needed for High Dynamic Range (HDR). Be at the forefront of the HDR revolution sweeping the industry by having a field monitor capable of resolving HDR in the field as you see it in Post Production and record the original Log image direct from the sensor for HDR grading in post production.
Scenes Ignite with 1500Nits of Light
Not all scenes call for HDR Log recording. In situations that don’t call for 10 stops of dynamic range, use the intensity of the 1500nit panel to monitor traditional Rec709 video at high brightness for outdoor monitoring.
Simply pick the right mode, HDR or High Bright, and get busy setting up your shot on the premium 7″ display boasting 10-bit processing, 1920×1200 resolution, 325ppi pixel density, optional calibration to overcome natural LCD color drift and an arsenal of precision video setup tools for perfect shots every time.
Unlock the Raw from Sony & Canon
Output the 4K/HD Raw from select cameras (Sony FS7/FS700 & Canon C300MKII/C500) over SDI and record directly to 10-bit 4:2:2 ProRes or DNxHR. Capturing Raw using the Shogun Flame is a free feature with no additional licensing costs and lets you immediately take advantage of this affordable media platform bypassing the need for proprietary cards and media.
Widest Camera Compatibility
The HDMI connection is compatible up to 4Kp30 and the SDI connection has compatibility up to 12G ensuring you are future proofed as the SMPTE standard updates. The built-in bi-directional conversion allows HDMI cameras to be integrated into an SDI workflow or connect SDI cameras with HDMI flat panels.
Record Professional 4K & HD
Recording 4K and high frame rate HD within the camera might seem enough but unless you record with the right codec you’re restricting flexibility in post and even run the risk of having your footage technically rejected. Along with the high pixel density of 4K, the Shogun Flame records higher resolution 10-bit color information, more precise yet efficient 4:2:2 color encoding and to visually lossless, edit-ready codecs like Apple ProRes or AVID DNxHR. Now you’re recording professionally, capturing full individual frames just like film and opening up more creativity in post and grading.
Simple OS, Sophisticated Shots
The Flame Series is packed with an extensive suite of scopes, all 1-touch away and simple to use. The Video OS includes tools for focus, framing & exposure (Focus peaking, 2:1/1:1 zoom, Zebra, False Color, Safe Area, luma/RGB parade, vectorscope) along with a flexible 3D LUT implementation (use built-in LUTs or upload .cube files) and options for de-squeezing anamorphic content.
Continuous Power is Back… With Super Fast Charging.
Shogun Flame’s patented continuous power system pioneered on Atomos’ HD products are back on the 4K range. The hot swappable dual battery system that automatically swaps to the second battery when power is low, coupled with the blazingly fast battery charger and dual 4-cell batteries (both included with the product) means that continuous power in the field is all but assured.
Advanced DSLR Audio Monitoring
Record audio as well as video externally on the Shogun Flame. Monitor up to 8ch of HDMI audio or 2ch analog line in on the dedicated audio meters, all locked frame accurate with adjustment for frame delay, gain adjustment, and Mic level adjustment when using external microphones (3.5mm unbalanced input).
Advanced Recording Capability
Outside of 10-bit 4:2:2 ProRes/DNx, the Shogun Flame adds recording functionality not found in other recorders. Trigger start/stop recording over HDMI from select Canon, Sony, Panasonic, Nikon cameras. Convert interlace video from your camera to progressive on the fly with built-in 3:2 and 2:2 pulldown and gain advanced functionality like Pre-roll (continuous cache recording to never miss the action) and Time-lapse to maximize your creativity.
Battle-Ready! For the Field
Shogun Flame’s built-in armor enhances protection & airflow whilst the raft of accessories (2 x NP series 4-cell batteries, fast battery charger, USB3 docking station, XLR breakout cable, Lanc cable, DC to D-Tap cable, 5 x Master Caddy cases, DC adapter & HDR sun hood) and the premium HPRC flight case ensures you’re ready to hit the field immediately.
See Related Video By ADORAMA
Fast charger – 3 times lower than the charging time of conventional chargers
Battle-ready build – Built-in Armor, Continuous power, and Lightweight design
Batteries included – NP style 4-cell batteries (1.5 hours monitoring & recording in 4K)
AtomHDR – 10 stops of dynamic range, 1500nit 7″ Full HD calibrated monitor
Snap-fast sun hood – Strong lockout and magnetic snap-fast design for easy screen access
The Atomos Shogun Flame 4K Monitor and Recorder now is in stock and ready to ship at: